Learn of the different merchant banking functions with definition and meaning that customers benefit from today.
The Merchant Banking Definition
These banks are of great benefit to persons in many countries and communities. The merchant banker operation can best be described by the many functions it provides to the business community, as follows:
Specialized Merchant Banking Functions
- Merchant banks are financial institutions that raise finance for their clients. When a customer is in need of raising finance then these banks lend a helping hand.
- If a client is looking to invest in stocks then the banks acts as a broker of the stock exchange market. They buy and sell stocks on behalf of the client and conduct research on equity shares.
- Leasing is also a part of merchant bankers functions.
- They also manage dividends and interest on loans and debentures and assist with investment decisions.
- Portfolio management services are also an important function of the merchant banker. They make the investments of the clients safe, profitable and liquid by managing their portfolio.
- The merchant bank also functions as a project manager by offering project management service to its individual and institutional customers.
- If a business is looking to become modernized or expand then the bank offers modernization and expansion advice to the clients. The corporate banker can help with promotional activities for raising funds through institutional investors, government securities or by other means.
- They also manage the public issue of companies, give advice on the timing, size and price of the public issues, and help to appoint brokers and underwriters. They serve in raising venture capital funds on the money market. You can also contract the merchant banker for issue management and for advisory services.
- If a business has taken up industrial projects then these banks handles the work for government consent. The merchant bank also complement the services of retail and commercial banking. They provide project counselling and other services.
- One of the most important functions of merchant banking is offering special assistance to entrepreneurs and small companies. They help them to take advantage of government policies, concessions and incentives. They help with obtaining government approval where necessary.
Learn More: You can contact us for further guidance on the merchant bank financial services. You can even buy books at amazon to learn much more about this type of banking and the services provided to customers.